Marine Coatings and Biofouling Consultant
Opened ended appointment following successful completion of a 12 month probation period.
PML Applications seek to recruit an experienced and motivated individual with a background in biofouling control, marine coating testing or closely related areas of materials science R&D.
PML Applications Ltd is a rapidly developing commercial marine environmental consultancy. Our business supports our Clients across a variety of marine industrial sectors, with a particular focus on marine biofouling control and coating testing.
This demanding role will require the individual to manage, coordinate and support in the delivery of a wide range of projects, primarily focused on testing and evaluating the efficacy of marine antifouling technologies.
The key aim of the role is to understand our client’s technical requirements from the outset, and ensure these requirements are maintained throughout the lifetime of the project and delivered to our clients in high quality outputs.
The main duties of the role include:
- Day to day coordination and quality control of multiple projects
- Budget management
- Management of a small team
- Data handling and technical report writing
- Client facing activities such as technical discussions and proposal writing
- Hands on technical and practical tasks
- Health and Safety tasks such as Risk Assessments
- Administrative duties to support project activity.
The candidate will occasionally coordinate other experimental work both in the laboratory and in the field to support the other business areas, where technical training will be provided.
The job will include some assistance with fieldwork including manual tasks such as the safe deployment and operation of bespoke mechanical marine coating test rigs at a local marina.
This important post requires a calm approach, excellent attention to detail and reporting skills, and most importantly, a strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
There will be a requirement to work on occasional weekends and evenings with flexible hours and occasional overnight stays.
Required Skills / Traits and Experience:
- A proactive, positive, adaptable and resilient attitude
- Technical experience of biofouling control technologies / marine coating R&D
- I.T. literacy with Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Competency and physical ability in marine field work settings (technical aptitude, manual handling, Health & Safety competency.)
- Capability of managing and working in small teams without direct supervision
- Ability to manage financial budgets
- Good communicator, and able to work to short deadlines
- Willingness to travel and work occasional weekends / flexible hours
- Calm, adaptive and problem-solving approach
- Attention to detail and specialist technical writing capability
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise tasks
- Driving license
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org